Note from the LeftEast editors: Repression against our comrades in Serbia fighting for the right to housing is growing. Planned modifications to the Law on Enforcement and Security would expand the powers of private bayliffs and criminalize solidarity with those evicted. Also, direct violence against housing activists by the far right has intensified. On June 6th, housing activists from Roof Over One’s Head in Serbia were beaten up. A large crowd gathered on June 11th in Novi Sad to protest the attacks. Also, On June 14th activists protested in front of the European Delegation building in Belgrade, asking for ..
- Women are not afraid of “gender ideology” but of exploitation at work (Interview)
- After Years of Neoliberalism, Georgian Workers Have Forgotten What It Means to Win
- “Eastern Europe’s extraordinary 30-year revival.” A Bulgarian immigrant’s anecdotal response
- Fascists lead huge demo on Poland’s Independence Day
- ‘The fall of the last domino’: an overview of Levica’s departure from the government in Slovenia
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
U.S. troops have begun withdrawing from northeast Syria as Turkey prepares to invade Kurdish-controlled areas of the country. For years, the Kurds have been close allies to the United States in the fight against ISIS. On Sunday, however, the White House released a statement that surprised many in the region, announcing ..