Note from LeftEast editors: to celebrate the 1st of Maywe publish the position of Bulgarian socialist feminist group LevFem on the occasion of International Workers Day under the current lockdown. Below you can find the audiorecording and the text of this position. The audio recording is read by LevFem member Kalina Drenska on behalf of the collective. This year 1st May is going to be very different from what we have seen in the past. With the coronavirus pandemic and the ongoing social distancing measures implemented all over the world, traditional forms of protests, marches and demonstrations can’t take place ..
- Mass protest in Serbia and an attempt of state-led demobilisation
- Closings and Openings: On (Im)Possibility of Translation
- Elections in Croatia see the emergence of the first left pole since the country’s independence from Yugoslavia
- Hegemonic Turbulence and the End of the Global Project of the EU
- [INTERVIEW] Kimberlé Crenshaw: Liberty. Equality. Intersectionality. An antidote against fascism.
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Note from LeftEast editors: The recent rise of far-right populisms and the general mood of crisis has triggered reflections among those who’ve experienced the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s on the lessons to be learnt from that conflict. The Disorder of Things blog is featuring a series of ‘Yugosplaining’ ..