Note from LeftEast editors: this article first appeared in Bulgarian under the title “Some coronavirus considerations” and was published by the investigative journalism portal Bivol.Bg, and was then translated into English and Russian. It is hereby reprinted by LeftEast with the kind permission of the author and by the editorial team of the portal. With the start of the second month of coronavirus quarantine, the issue of when and how life, and most of all, the economy will be able to return to “normal” is becoming more serious. This is understandable as in the current situation unemployment level ..
- #25N : Essential Struggles Against Patriarchal Violence
- Part 2: The Power of ‘Weak Actors’ and Decolonizing Socialist Architectural Histories after 1989
- (Post)pandemic struggles in social reproduction: intersectional alliances between housing and essential workers’ struggles in Romania
- INTERVIEW: Tamás Krausz: “Reconstructing Lenin” beyond the lies and distortions
- The Helpers of the Afghan Park
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The Sutjeska and Bijeljina monuments appear to stand for two profoundly divergent worlds, one symbolizing the cosmopolitan and antifascist past of socialist Yugoslavia, the other embodying the hyper-nationalist and segregationist present of post-Yugoslav states. Yet both monuments were made by the same sculptor. A ..