Notes from the LeftEast editors: this is part II of a two-part interview with Joachim Becker,, professor of Economics and Business at Vienna University and deputy head of the Institute for International Economics and Development, was conducted by the Croatian activist and writer Domagoj Mihaljević. Mihaljević: How do you see developments in the post-Yugoslav territory, especially given that currently a potential crisis is lurking around the corner with the bankruptcy of Agrokor, the largest regional retail-chain? Becker: In Croatia, the Agrokor crisis is shaking the agro-industrial complex, which is, alongs ..
- Don’t Mistake the Finger for the Moon: Bernie Sanders and the Movement
- Irish voters reject the Right: a new opportunity for the Left?
- Call for solidarity: Russian antifascists sentenced to 6- 18 years prison
- Sinn Féin and the land issue: notes on the 2020 Irish general election
- [Podcast] Neda Deneva: Being taken care of. The case of medicalizing birth-giving.
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
LeftEast is publishing this commemorate piece in collaboration with OpenDemocracy-Russia, who have been keeping Markelov’s memory alive in the English public sphere by translating his articles and getting others to write about him. Eleven years ago, this anti-fascist lawyer was murdered on the streets of Moscow. ..