The last couple of months have been turbulent for The Left party (in Slovenian, Levica). Firstly, the Left failed to cross the threshold in the EU parliamentary election. Even the fact that their candidate, Violeta Tomić, was also theSpitzenkandidat for the Party of the European Left did not help. And secondly and more importantly, its partnership with the minority government officially ended. Even if this outcome was expected for some months, Prime Minister Marjan Šarec never explicitly claimed that his political party LMŠ (Lista Marjana Šarca) or the other of coalition partners (SD, SMC, SAB and DeSUS) want ..
- Don’t Mistake the Finger for the Moon: Bernie Sanders and the Movement
- Irish voters reject the Right: a new opportunity for the Left?
- Call for solidarity: Russian antifascists sentenced to 6- 18 years prison
- Sinn Féin and the land issue: notes on the 2020 Irish general election
- [Podcast] Neda Deneva: Being taken care of. The case of medicalizing birth-giving.
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
LeftEast is publishing this commemorate piece in collaboration with OpenDemocracy-Russia, who have been keeping Markelov’s memory alive in the English public sphere by translating his articles and getting others to write about him. Eleven years ago, this anti-fascist lawyer was murdered on the streets of Moscow. ..