Venezuela has been at the center of heated left-wing polemics for some time now. As tensions rise in the border regions of the country and self-appointed “interim president” Juan Guaido calls for ever more militant action, including even armed rebellion, concerns grow over the possibility of a foreign intervention. As with previous such interventions, legitimacy is being drawn from a combination of propaganda and a display of an apparent “international” consensus against Maduro’s Government. Many countries from the European periphery have been complicit in this agenda. LeftEast approached left-wing voices from the region about the different perspectives (not) taken by their country’s governments and left groups regarding Venezuela.
- How Capital Heats the Planet: Introducing Fordulat Journal’s Latest Issue on “Climate Change and Capitalism”
- [Podcast] Don Kalb: Populism as a twofold political confusion
- Patching Up the Romanian Economic Miracle
- Call for Sоlidarity: Help Us Save “Baricada”, the Main Left-wing Website in Bulgaria
- [VIDEO]: Silvia Federici & George Caffentzis: “Women, Witches, Debt”, Aristotle University
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..