This article was originally published as part of the Gazette of Political Art (GAP) #12 „In the Name of the Periphery. Decolonial theory and intervention in the Romanian context” December 2015, coordinated by Veda Popovici and Ovidiu Pop. It is the second out of a small series of materials from this issue, which LeftEast will present in English. The illustration was prepared for GAP by Alex Horghidan. (translated from Romanian for LeftEast by Raluca Parvu) In some of the biggest Spanish towns, the 2015 local elections have been won by women, and the left won in the top five biggest cities in Spain. Man ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- “Flipping a Coin: Heads—No One Is Illegal; Tails—Everyone Must Be,” Pt. 2
- Race to the Bottom: The Battle over Minimum Wage in Bulgaria
- “Flipping a Coin: Heads—No One Is Illegal; Tails—Everyone Must Be,” Pt. 1
- The reproduction crisis and the birth of a new “out of law” proletariat (an interview with Silvia Federici)
- The Romanian “Family Referendum” and the New Social Conservatism: Uncivil Society and Feeble Party Systems
Even if Corbyn does not become British PM tomorrow, his performance will certainly be a major boost to an international Left, which finds itself completely demoralized in a world descending into barbarism. I don´t harbour any illusions on what Corbyn can achieve as PM or even within a Labour Party apparatus largely ho ..