Note from the LeftEast editors: we are sharing this video with the kind permission of Mithilesh Kumar. Inspired from the workshop with the same title which took place in Beograde, TISS Patna has designed a series of events on the topic. As one of the groups present at the Belgrade seminar, the LeftEast editorial collective endorses fully this series of events and its courage to break with Cold War taxonomies, methodological nationalism and nesting orientalism, and look for commonalities among different peripheries in the world system. We are proud to feature this and further videos from the event series on our we ..
- The Romanian “Parallel State”: The Political Phantasies of Feeble Populism
- We Asked: Geopolitics and the Left (Part I: Russia & the West)
- Bulgarian Lessons: Liberalism as Market Power plus Expensive Electrification of the Whole Country
- Populism or people’s movements? Interview with Mary Taylor
- József Böröcz: “Orbán’s effects have already extended beyond the borders of Hungary”
Panagiotis Sotiris is a writer and activist living in Athens. He is a member of Left Recomposition (Aristeri Anasynthesi, ARAN), an organization of the Greek Radical Left and also of Popular Unity, which is a left-wing front in Greece. LeftEast: It is interesting to think if, to what extent and how the left in each c ..