Note from the LeftEast editors: Last Saturday employees of Népszabadság newspaper, the widest circulated daily in Hungary, found themselves locked out of their workplace and told they were no longer needed. On the Népszabadság editorial team facebook page the team team wrote: “Our first thought is that this is a coup. We will soon come back with more” after the newspaper’s website , stopped working , and invited the public to join them to demonstrate at Parliament later that day. They were joined by some 2,000 people. This article is translated into English for LeftEast by Lolo f ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- “Flipping a Coin: Heads—No One Is Illegal; Tails—Everyone Must Be,” Pt. 2
- Race to the Bottom: The Battle over Minimum Wage in Bulgaria
- “Flipping a Coin: Heads—No One Is Illegal; Tails—Everyone Must Be,” Pt. 1
- The reproduction crisis and the birth of a new “out of law” proletariat (an interview with Silvia Federici)
- The Romanian “Family Referendum” and the New Social Conservatism: Uncivil Society and Feeble Party Systems
Even if Corbyn does not become British PM tomorrow, his performance will certainly be a major boost to an international Left, which finds itself completely demoralized in a world descending into barbarism. I don´t harbour any illusions on what Corbyn can achieve as PM or even within a Labour Party apparatus largely ho ..