Note from the LeftEast editors: Last Saturday employees of Népszabadság newspaper, the widest circulated daily in Hungary, found themselves locked out of their workplace and told they were no longer needed. On the Népszabadság editorial team facebook page the team team wrote: “Our first thought is that this is a coup. We will soon come back with more” after the newspaper’s website , stopped working , and invited the public to join them to demonstrate at Parliament later that day. They were joined by some 2,000 people. This article is translated into English for LeftEast by Lolo f ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Contradictions in Russian Cultural Politics: Conservatism as an Instrument of Neoliberalism
- ASEEES AFTER CHARLOTTESVILLE: AN OPEN LETTER
- Why the Left in Central and Eastern Europe Must Support Refugees
- The open violence of the Balkan labour reforms: an interview with Aleksandar Matković
- Moving Europe release activist brochure, Resistance along the Balkanroute
The following is an open letter by two professional organizations of progressive scholars of Eastern European Studies and related fields, protesting the rise of white supremacy in trans-national context connecting the United States, Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, and demanding that ASEEES (the Association ..