Note from the LeftEast editors: we are sharing this video with the kind permission of Mithilesh Kumar. Inspired from the workshop with the same title which took place in Beograde, TISS Patna has designed a series of events on the topic. As one of the groups present at the Belgrade seminar, the LeftEast editorial collective endorses fully this series of events and its courage to break with Cold War taxonomies, methodological nationalism and nesting orientalism, and look for commonalities among different peripheries in the world system. We are proud to feature this and further videos from the event series on our we ..
- Socialist Yugoslavia and the Antinomies of the Non-Aligned Movement
- [Podcast] Workers’ Solidarity and Changing Ideology in Belarus
- The Only Way is Back: Romanian Social-Democrats after Liviu Dragnea
- Austerity Economics Russian Style: “The state never asked you to be born”
- Chase those crazy baldheads out of town: Resisting the rise of authoritarianism in occupied Haiti
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..