It is 15 years to the day since the toppling of the Milošević regime. In Serbia there is much disillusionment with the results of the revolution. But here are some reasons to continue to celebrate it. First, as Lindsey German showed at the time in the article posted below, industrial workers were central to the uprising that finally toppled a regime that claimed to defend socialism. This shows that even after years of economic crisis, ideological manipulation and international intervention, the working class remained a central actor in society. Second, and linked, it was the people of Serbia itself, not inter ..
- The Nurses in Bulgaria are Rising Up!
- Notes from Hell: Inside a Bulgarian Prison
- Economic and Political Democracy for the City: an Interview with Ana Méndez de Andés
- Call for Support: the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Danger
- The Long and Winding Road to Socialism: a conversation with Srećko Horvat
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Letter to citizens of the EU from the “periphery”: Politics of the closed borders are bringing us closer to fascist rules
Note from LeftEast editors: This article has been reprinted from the Medium account of Are You Syrious. We, the human rights defenders and citizens from the countries relegated to the “periphery” of the European Union (EU) and the Schengen space, want to express our deepest concern for the current situation in whic ..