Eirini Gaitanou, is a PhD student at King’s College London, studying social movements amid the crisis in Greece. She has been active in the social movements in Greece for over a decade and has participated in both practical and theoretical debates during this time. She is a member of the anti-capitalist coalition ANTARSYA, on whose ticket she stood as a parliamentary candidate in the recent elections. “The reality brought about by the crisis affects women to the fullest extent. The collapse of social protection and the closure of social services (childcare and nurseries, health units, refuge shelters for ..
- The Nurses in Bulgaria are Rising Up!
- Notes from Hell: Inside a Bulgarian Prison
- Economic and Political Democracy for the City: an Interview with Ana Méndez de Andés
- Call for Support: the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Danger
- The Long and Winding Road to Socialism: a conversation with Srećko Horvat
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Letter to citizens of the EU from the “periphery”: Politics of the closed borders are bringing us closer to fascist rules
Note from LeftEast editors: This article has been reprinted from the Medium account of Are You Syrious. We, the human rights defenders and citizens from the countries relegated to the “periphery” of the European Union (EU) and the Schengen space, want to express our deepest concern for the current situation in whic ..