[FeminEasts] Detailed Call More, decolonizing and public meetings should exist for and about the feminisms of the globe’s “imagined easts”. As part of an attempt to create one such type of “meeting place”, we envision a series of 4 podcasts to be released regularly over the next year. For this planned LeftEast series, adequately-titled (you will agree) “FeminEasts”, we invite contributions of short audio and text materials from feminist contributors wherever. Podcast lovers and amateur sound recorders are welcome; we can provide minimal technical info and tips. The broad intention of this stories-an ..
- Land-grabbing and the Financialization of Agricultural Land
- Introducing the Five Senses of Austerity
- Denial of the Obvious: the Far Right in the Maidan Protests and Their Danger Today
- The Solidarity of the Business Class, or Building Anti-Environmentalist Alliances in Bulgaria
- A Brief History of the Turkish Left, Part 2: from the 1980 Coup to the Present
Panagiotis Sotiris is a writer and activist living in Athens. He is a member of Left Recomposition (Aristeri Anasynthesi, ARAN), an organization of the Greek Radical Left and also of Popular Unity, which is a left-wing front in Greece. LeftEast: It is interesting to think if, to what extent and how the left in each c ..