The following two-part interview with Joachim Becker,, professor of Economics and Business at Vienna University and deputy head of the Institute for International Economics and Development, was conducted by the Croatian activist and writer Domagoj Mihaljević. Mihaljević: For the time being, it seems the process of capital accumulation in Europe has been stabilized through policies of fiscal stability and structural reforms. In doing this, the central focus of European ruling classes was to secure the survival of monetary union at any cost necessary. In turn, this has made the fragmentation between the core and ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Twenty Years after Castoriadis, one Hundred Years after the October Revolution
- The Rent is too Damn High! – the development of the first Romanian tenants’ association
- Bulgaria’s growing problem with violence among children: a piece is missing or the puzzle is wrong?
- Dissidents among Dissidents: Interview with Ilya Budraitskis about his recent book
- Politics of the Left beyond Resistance: Reflections and Visions from our 2017 encounter in Skopje
This article was first published in the Brooklyn Rail IN CONVERSATION MAPLE RAZSA with Duncan Ranslem Maple Razsa is Professor of Global Studies at Colby College. He has studied and participated in alter-globalization movements across Europe, paying particular attention to how video is produced, distributed, and consum ..