Note from the LeftEast editors: Our comrades from the Serbian Left-wing portal MAŠINA spoke to Marxist political economist Leo Panitch (York University) during his stay in Belgrade. There he was a guest at the conference The Return of Utopia (BCS), organized by the Center for Political Emancipation. This is the first appearance of the interview in English. Its original publication in Serbian can be accessed here. On behalf of Masina it was carried out by András Juhász. Q: Would you publicly declare yourself to be a socialist? A: Definitely. Q: Why? A: That’s a hard question to decide how to answer. In t ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Russian Working Women’s Political Activism in 1917: What sort of patriarchy did women confront?
- Electoral Advance For The Radical Left in Croatia
- Bulgaria’s New Cabinet and EPP’s Flirt with the Extreme Right
- Ukraine’s Civil War Crimes: Facebook Post As Bad As Kidnapping, Torture, and Murder
- Socially Destructive Amendments to the Hungarian Labour Code Need to be Opposed
This text was initially published by The Financial Times. The European Central Bank improperly veered into political activity during the eurozone crisis and should withdraw from the “troika” of international bailout monitors, according to anti-corruption watchdog Transparency International. In a review of the centr ..