Note from the LeftEast editors: with the kind permission of the Subversive Festival organizers we publish the .html versions of the Subversive Festival’s outputs “Balkan Forum: Situations, Struggles, Strategies”. A .pdf version can be downloaded by clicking on the image of the book collection here or from the website of the Forum’s principal sponsor, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, Southeast Europe, which also provided the annotation of the volume. Please click on the images below to follow the link to each article. Towards Another Balkans! The first Balkan Forum took place within the Subversi ..
- Armenian leftists: We consciously choose peace
- How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Milo
- (Post)pandemic struggles in social reproduction: COVID-19 and housing justice in Serbia
- Why Globalise? 1989 in Eastern Europe and the Politics of History: Part III
- “No piece of land is worth it”: Moscow’s Armenians and Azerbaijanis on the Karabakh conflict
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The Sutjeska and Bijeljina monuments appear to stand for two profoundly divergent worlds, one symbolizing the cosmopolitan and antifascist past of socialist Yugoslavia, the other embodying the hyper-nationalist and segregationist present of post-Yugoslav states. Yet both monuments were made by the same sculptor. A ..