As the EU’s refugee ‘crisis’ continues to develop, we sat down with refugee rights organizers in central and eastern Europe to discuss the local reception of refugees, how EU policies are influencing member state policies, as well as activist responses that are seeking to curtail rising European xenophobia. Click on the names below to learn more about the responses of community activists and organizers in the different countries along the refugees’ route.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Contradictions in Russian Cultural Politics: Conservatism as an Instrument of Neoliberalism
- ASEEES AFTER CHARLOTTESVILLE: AN OPEN LETTER
- Why the Left in Central and Eastern Europe Must Support Refugees
- The open violence of the Balkan labour reforms: an interview with Aleksandar Matković
- Moving Europe release activist brochure, Resistance along the Balkanroute
The following is an open letter by two professional organizations of progressive scholars of Eastern European Studies and related fields, protesting the rise of white supremacy in trans-national context connecting the United States, Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, and demanding that ASEEES (the Association ..