As the EU’s refugee ‘crisis’ continues to develop, we sat down with refugee rights organizers in central and eastern Europe to discuss the local reception of refugees, how EU policies are influencing member state policies, as well as activist responses that are seeking to curtail rising European xenophobia. Click on the names below to learn more about the responses of community activists and organizers in the different countries along the refugees’ route.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- “Flipping a Coin: Heads—No One Is Illegal; Tails—Everyone Must Be,” Pt. 2
- Race to the Bottom: The Battle over Minimum Wage in Bulgaria
- “Flipping a Coin: Heads—No One Is Illegal; Tails—Everyone Must Be,” Pt. 1
- The reproduction crisis and the birth of a new “out of law” proletariat (an interview with Silvia Federici)
- The Romanian “Family Referendum” and the New Social Conservatism: Uncivil Society and Feeble Party Systems
Even if Corbyn does not become British PM tomorrow, his performance will certainly be a major boost to an international Left, which finds itself completely demoralized in a world descending into barbarism. I don´t harbour any illusions on what Corbyn can achieve as PM or even within a Labour Party apparatus largely ho ..