In continuing the theme of the conflict between Russia and the West, which we discussed last week, now we turn to the broader issue of a leftist perspective on geopolitics. Even though most of the articles LeftEast publishes deal in one way or another with the transnational connectivities, we have been somewhat reticent about the whole issue of geopolitics. For two reasons. In the first place, because of our method of seeking authors based in or at least with deep knowledge of concrete societies, who would share that knowledge with our readers. If so much news analysis, even on the left, starts with some geopolit ..
- Class and minority struggles in Iran today: Interview with Kamran Matin
- Scrap mines, call centers and hashish plantations: The grim options facing Albanian workers
- Russia’s Electoral Circus
- The Only Way to Fight Fascism Is United in a Front (Interview with Onur Hamzaoglu)
- The putsch that never was: Romanian PSD in turmoil
The article was originally published in the portal of the Bulgarian left, New Left Perspectives. KOI’s 2018 report “The people” against welfare payments: or the art of making those in need ask for more restrictions against themselves authored by Vanya Grigorova is a follow-up of an earlier, 2016 report entitled ..