The Emma Social Center is organizing a feminist gathering in Kaunas, Lithuania between 24-26 of August 2018. Their call for participants and activity proposals can be found here: https://feminismineasterneurope.wordpress.com/. LeftEast Femineast editor Alexandra Ghit talked to them briefly about the Center, inter-sectional feminist political organizing, the worrisome situation in Eastern Europe and their hopes for this gathering and a larger Conference they are planning to organize in 2019. Can you tell me more about the “Emma” feminist group in Kaunas? The Emma Social Center is named after Emma Goldman, w ..
- Class and minority struggles in Iran today: Interview with Kamran Matin
- Scrap mines, call centers and hashish plantations: The grim options facing Albanian workers
- Russia’s Electoral Circus
- The Only Way to Fight Fascism Is United in a Front (Interview with Onur Hamzaoglu)
- The putsch that never was: Romanian PSD in turmoil
The article was originally published in the portal of the Bulgarian left, New Left Perspectives. KOI’s 2018 report “The people” against welfare payments: or the art of making those in need ask for more restrictions against themselves authored by Vanya Grigorova is a follow-up of an earlier, 2016 report entitled ..