Today on the 8th of March, we, a group of left and anarchist feminists, set out to make visible several problems faced by every woman in contemporary Ukraine. These include poverty and bad work environment, domestic violence and the Church lobbying against the Istanbul convention. But there is one more problem that has become an everyday reality: far right violence against the feminist and LGBT+ activists. Basically every event addressing these issues, including talks and workshops, is facing threats of violence and actual physical attacks. And this is no news. This is what our banner meant to portray. As a symbo ..
- The Romanian “Parallel State”: The Political Phantasies of Feeble Populism
- We Asked: Geopolitics and the Left (Part I: Russia & the West)
- Bulgarian Lessons: Liberalism as Market Power plus Expensive Electrification of the Whole Country
- Populism or people’s movements? Interview with Mary Taylor
- József Böröcz: “Orbán’s effects have already extended beyond the borders of Hungary”
Panagiotis Sotiris is a writer and activist living in Athens. He is a member of Left Recomposition (Aristeri Anasynthesi, ARAN), an organization of the Greek Radical Left and also of Popular Unity, which is a left-wing front in Greece. LeftEast: It is interesting to think if, to what extent and how the left in each c ..