LeftEast shares this podcast with the permission of its producers from Contrasens. What is precarity? And how does it adapt to the Eastern European context? In the 11th episode of Contrasens’ podcast, we take a closer look at work and workers. Together with our guest, Volodya Artyukh, who is a Ph.D researcher at C.E.U., we talk about labor aspects in the Eastern European space, specifically in Belarus. Our focus is on workers’ solidarity and protests in the context of ideological change in an ex-soviet country. By thinking through the historical context we show you a glimpse of the economical and politica ..
- Between opportunity and opportunism: Vetevendosje! on verge of power after Kosovo elections
- The road to the East. Ukrainian workers in Russia after 2014
- Disgraceful and dangerous: European Parliament equates Communism with Fascism
- “A Shakespearean Act of Betrayal”: Trump Agrees to Let Turkey Invade Kurdish-Controlled Syrian Area
- ROZBRAT STAYS!: The Oldest Squat in Poland Faces Eviction
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
U.S. troops have begun withdrawing from northeast Syria as Turkey prepares to invade Kurdish-controlled areas of the country. For years, the Kurds have been close allies to the United States in the fight against ISIS. On Sunday, however, the White House released a statement that surprised many in the region, announcing ..