A group of people armed with knives has attacked Stanislav Sergienko, activist of “Social Movement” and student of Kyiv-Mohyla academy on the 20th of April in Kyiv. Stanislav has been stabbed multiple times and is currently being treated in the hospital. There are strong reasons to conclude that ultra-rightists committed this crime. On the April 20, 2017 at about 4 pm Stanislav Sergienko, activist of the platform “Start” and the civil organization “Social Movement”, was attacked and stabbed by two unknown people near the entrance to his home. Now Stas is in the hospital, where he has had urgent surger ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Slovak Spring? Not Really, Though the Weather is Changing
- Turkey’s Referendum: the Poverty of Analogy
- First Reactions to the Constitutional Referendum in Turkey: No, It’s Not Over Yet
- Ukraine: Statement on the Armed Attack on the Left-wing Activist Stanislav Sergienko
- ECB criticised for overstepping mandate in eurozone crisis
This text was initially published by The Financial Times. The European Central Bank improperly veered into political activity during the eurozone crisis and should withdraw from the “troika” of international bailout monitors, according to anti-corruption watchdog Transparency International. In a review of the centr ..