A group of people armed with knives has attacked Stanislav Sergienko, activist of “Social Movement” and student of Kyiv-Mohyla academy on the 20th of April in Kyiv. Stanislav has been stabbed multiple times and is currently being treated in the hospital. There are strong reasons to conclude that ultra-rightists committed this crime. On the April 20, 2017 at about 4 pm Stanislav Sergienko, activist of the platform “Start” and the civil organization “Social Movement”, was attacked and stabbed by two unknown people near the entrance to his home. Now Stas is in the hospital, where he has had urgent surger ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- In the Name of the Constitution: Ethnic Minorities and Technologies of Disenfranchisement in Bulgaria
- Anxiety, Stress and Depression in Macedonia – or how neoliberal capitalism turns its symptoms into profit
- Call for Solidarity for the Academics for Peace on Trial
- Twenty Years after Castoriadis, one Hundred Years after the October Revolution
- The Rent is too Damn High! – the development of the first Romanian tenants’ association
Violations of academic freedom and freedom of speech in Turkey have reached a dire situation. The intimidations from Turkish government and its affiliates toward academics have escalated to legal action where peace signatory academics face 7.5 years’ imprisonment if convicted for “propagandizing for a terrori ..