The Turkish original of this article is accessible here. Only a few days are left before Turkey’s April 16th constitutional referendum on the transition to an authoritarian presidential system. Those who thought that the referendum would be a piece of cake for the government given the countrywide state of emergency were proven wrong. Regardless of the eventual outcome of the referendum, the vivacity of the different “No” campaigns in the face of the state’s heavy-handed tactics is a considerable source of hope for all forces of social opposition. In the little time that remains, we must not only strive t ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- In memoriam to Jasna Tkalec, 1941-2017
- The Base and Navalny: How Can the Left Work with the Anti-Corruption Movement?
- The Contradictions of European Capitalism: An interview with Joachim Becker – Part II
- Radicalizing the Sanctuary Movement
- Of Fences, national securities and solidarity: An open letter to Momentum
Even if Corbyn does not become British PM tomorrow, his performance will certainly be a major boost to an international Left, which finds itself completely demoralized in a world descending into barbarism. I don´t harbour any illusions on what Corbyn can achieve as PM or even within a Labour Party apparatus largely ho ..