While at the Marx Is Muss 2016 conference earlier this month, Anja Ilic and Pavle Ilic (Marx21) interviewed Stathis Kouvelakis, a member of a party called Popular Unity, which split from Syriza last summer after the referendum. Kouvelakis served at Syriza’s central committee from 2012 to August 2015 and is also a professor of political theory at King’s College in London. This conversation focuses on the political and social situation in Greece today. I would like to start by asking you to summarise the political and social development of the Greek society after the events of August 2015, after the capitulat ..
- Their day has come: Sinn Féin’s success in the Irish General election
- Don’t Mistake the Finger for the Moon: Bernie Sanders and the Movement
- Irish voters reject the Right: a new opportunity for the Left?
- Call for solidarity: Russian antifascists sentenced to 6- 18 years prison
- Sinn Féin and the land issue: notes on the 2020 Irish general election
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
LeftEast is publishing this commemorate piece in collaboration with OpenDemocracy-Russia, who have been keeping Markelov’s memory alive in the English public sphere by translating his articles and getting others to write about him. Eleven years ago, this anti-fascist lawyer was murdered on the streets of Moscow. ..