Editors’ note: this text has been published in cooperation with Bilten.org, where it first appeared on 28.02.2018. “For fifteen years now my family and I have been investing in organic agriculture, working the land together with my children to build a better life for them in our homeland,” says Dimche Baleski, an organic producer from the municipality of Valandovo, during a public debate on proposed amendments to the Law on Minerals held at the Macedonian Parliament on 1 February 2018. He continues: “And now, without any consultation with us, the affected community, you set up a ticking bomb in our yards ..
- Macedonia, without Additions: why we must oppose the Tsipras-Zaev agreement
- Common Notions: in the Name of the People (A Book Launch & Discussion)
- The Age of Eclecticism: Some Rearrangements in the Romanian Political Ideologies
- We need to recover democracy and to radicalize it
- Romania: The Demise of Reason
The article was originally published in the portal of the Bulgarian left, New Left Perspectives. KOI’s 2018 report “The people” against welfare payments: or the art of making those in need ask for more restrictions against themselves authored by Vanya Grigorova is a follow-up of an earlier, 2016 report entitled ..