This podcast was originally published at podcasts.ceu.edu as part of the Sound Relations Project based at Central European University, Budapest, and is done in collaboration with the Blinken Open Society Archives. In recent years, most of us have become used to hearing about austerity. Following the 2007 financial crisis, it was said that austerity was the only viable cure. Today, more than 10 years later, the ghost of austerity still haunts Europe and much of the Western World. But this is not the first time that austerity was imposed on people in order to solve a financial crisis. In Five Senses of Austerity, ..
- Land-grabbing and the Financialization of Agricultural Land
- Introducing the Five Senses of Austerity
- Denial of the Obvious: the Far Right in the Maidan Protests and Their Danger Today
- The Solidarity of the Business Class, or Building Anti-Environmentalist Alliances in Bulgaria
- A Brief History of the Turkish Left, Part 2: from the 1980 Coup to the Present
Panagiotis Sotiris is a writer and activist living in Athens. He is a member of Left Recomposition (Aristeri Anasynthesi, ARAN), an organization of the Greek Radical Left and also of Popular Unity, which is a left-wing front in Greece. LeftEast: It is interesting to think if, to what extent and how the left in each c ..