The last episode of the Five Senses of Austerity deals with the rationing of food in late Romanian socialism. It tells the story of the 1987 worker’s revolt from the city of Brasov, which marked the beginning of the end of the regime, and then goes on to explore the final moments of Romanian socialism. This podcast was originally published at podcasts.ceu.edu as part of the Sound Relations Project based at Central European University, Budapest, and is done in collaboration with the Blinken Open Society Archives.
- Their day has come: Sinn Féin’s success in the Irish General election
- Don’t Mistake the Finger for the Moon: Bernie Sanders and the Movement
- Irish voters reject the Right: a new opportunity for the Left?
- Call for solidarity: Russian antifascists sentenced to 6- 18 years prison
- Sinn Féin and the land issue: notes on the 2020 Irish general election
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
LeftEast is publishing this commemorate piece in collaboration with OpenDemocracy-Russia, who have been keeping Markelov’s memory alive in the English public sphere by translating his articles and getting others to write about him. Eleven years ago, this anti-fascist lawyer was murdered on the streets of Moscow. ..