“Vlatko Previšić will go down in history as the worst and the most despised Dean ever! – The dean will fall! – Rector Boras is a disgrace!” are just some of the statements made by students at the University of Zagreb in the course of the past few weeks. During this time an extremely serious situation has been unfolding at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (Croatian acronym – FFZG). Among the biggest faculties in Zagreb consisted of 23 separate departments and serving more than 6000 students. The situation escalated when the Dean hired a private security company to use as his own pr ..
- [Podcast] Don Kalb: Populism as a twofold political confusion
- Patching Up the Romanian Economic Miracle
- Call for Sоlidarity: Help Us Save “Baricada”, the Main Left-wing Website in Bulgaria
- [VIDEO]: Silvia Federici & George Caffentzis: “Women, Witches, Debt”, Aristotle University
- [PODCAST]: Academic Freedom under Threat in Turkey and the Trials of Academics for Peace
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..