Note from LeftEast: In the last few days, the Turkish government and mainstream media, which has been brought in line by journalist arrests (at least 122 in prison so far, another 520 being tried) and other, less visible forms of pressure, have gone into war frenzy. What three years ago they used to neutrally call “YPG” (People’s Defense Forces, the main military formation of the Syrian Kurds) gradually became “PKK-linked YPG,” and finally turned into “Syria’s PKK terrorist branch.” As of last week, in official pronouncements and newspaper titles in Turkey, YPG has become nothing less than a t ..
- [Podcast] Don Kalb: Populism as a twofold political confusion
- Patching Up the Romanian Economic Miracle
- Call for Sоlidarity: Help Us Save “Baricada”, the Main Left-wing Website in Bulgaria
- [VIDEO]: Silvia Federici & George Caffentzis: “Women, Witches, Debt”, Aristotle University
- [PODCAST]: Academic Freedom under Threat in Turkey and the Trials of Academics for Peace
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..