Editorial note: The following piece originally appeared at Verfassungsblog | On Matters Constitutional. We carry it here with kind permission from the author. The soccer terminology of a 50/50 ball refers to a free ball contested by two opponents, usually after a badly behaved goal kick. Analogy that much resembles the ongoing political game between some of the former Eastern Bloc nations and the European Union (EU) in regards to the proposed relocation mechanism for people in need of international protection. Several coastal areas of Italy and Greece had long seen significant numbers of boat arrivals from the Mi ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Twenty Years after Castoriadis, one Hundred Years after the October Revolution
- The Rent is too Damn High! – the development of the first Romanian tenants’ association
- Bulgaria’s growing problem with violence among children: a piece is missing or the puzzle is wrong?
- Dissidents among Dissidents: Interview with Ilya Budraitskis about his recent book
- Politics of the Left beyond Resistance: Reflections and Visions from our 2017 encounter in Skopje
This article was first published in the Brooklyn Rail IN CONVERSATION MAPLE RAZSA with Duncan Ranslem Maple Razsa is Professor of Global Studies at Colby College. He has studied and participated in alter-globalization movements across Europe, paying particular attention to how video is produced, distributed, and consum ..