Note from the LeftEast editors: The Central European University – a private University in Budapest founded by George Soros’s Open Society Foundation – has attracted the attention of the world media with its strife against the Victor Orban government in Hungary. A struggle over its right to remain in the country ensued in early 2017 when the notorious bill remembered as LexCEU was hastily passed by hungarian legislators. It contained a Catch 22 clause making the functioning of the institution built os symbol of the transition from state socialism to liberal democracy impossible within the Hungari ..
- Killing twelve chickens a minute – Some thoughts on organising in Irish meat plants
- In the name of the communist ideal
- For an Independent Social Ukraine: a Statement by the Reds on the Biden-Poroshenko Leaks
- Defend Socialists and Environmental Activists in Izhevsk
- Missing farm workers in pandemic times: Is it really “the virus’s fault”? The view from Italy
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
More gutting than Bernie Sander’s ultimate defeat in the Democratic primaries is the paradoxical context in which it happened. He exited the stage just as the policies he so much advocated in the past two electoral cycles, if not his entire career, were badly needed to fight the rampant consequences of the new corona ..