Note from the LeftEast editors: The Central European University – a private University in Budapest founded by George Soros’s Open Society Foundation – has attracted the attention of the world media with its strife against the Victor Orban government in Hungary. A struggle over its right to remain in the country ensued in early 2017 when the notorious bill remembered as LexCEU was hastily passed by hungarian legislators. It contained a Catch 22 clause making the functioning of the institution built os symbol of the transition from state socialism to liberal democracy impossible within the Hungari ..
- Our Strike is Essential! Together with Polish Women for Freedom of Abortion
- Armenian leftists: We consciously choose peace
- How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Milo
- (Post)pandemic struggles in social reproduction: COVID-19 and housing justice in Serbia
- Why Globalise? 1989 in Eastern Europe and the Politics of History: Part III
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The Sutjeska and Bijeljina monuments appear to stand for two profoundly divergent worlds, one symbolizing the cosmopolitan and antifascist past of socialist Yugoslavia, the other embodying the hyper-nationalist and segregationist present of post-Yugoslav states. Yet both monuments were made by the same sculptor. A ..