‘If they have their dollars, we have our Allah’ – This is how the President of Turkey responded to the historic drop in the value of the lira in August this year before calling for boycotts of US products and discouraging the citizens from exchanging their liras into foreign currency in the name of defending the national economy against the so-called interest rate lobby and foreign powers. Only a few days later a swap agreement between the central banks of Qatar and Turkey was announced amidst an extreme hike in inflation and continual fall in the value of the domestic currency. There was a pron ..
- Bio-austerity and Solidarity in the Covid-19 Space of Emergency – Part 2
- Bio-austerity and Solidarity in the Covid-19 Space of Emergency – Part 1
- Breaking the Camel’s Back: When an Earthquake and a Pandemic Converge
- How the Western Sense of Superiority Can Cost Lives
- Safety Practices Used by Mutual Aid Projects during the Coronavirus Pandemic (part 2)
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP