I’m pretty much sure that all of the people from the UK on my friends’ list will cast their vote for Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party today at the UK GE2017, so this is not really a call to action directed at them. However, I would like to write a couple of words about the implications of the direct correlation between the Labour election result and the development of the left continent-wide (perhaps even wider): The all-wise self-fulfilling-prophecy-making philistines of the left shared a crucial bit of political analysis with the EU ruling elites, i. e. they both viewed Syriza as a doomed-to-begi ..
- Questioning dominant accounts of Chinese investments in Eastern Europe and Eurasia
- Palghar protests: ‘We won’t back down today ‘
- (Post)pandemic Struggles in Social Reproduction: Women & Migrants Maintaining Life during Pandemic in Turkey
- [INTERVIEW] From Internationalism to Postcolonialism: Literature & Cinema between the Second and the Third World
- #25N : Essential Struggles Against Patriarchal Violence
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The Sutjeska and Bijeljina monuments appear to stand for two profoundly divergent worlds, one symbolizing the cosmopolitan and antifascist past of socialist Yugoslavia, the other embodying the hyper-nationalist and segregationist present of post-Yugoslav states. Yet both monuments were made by the same sculptor. A ..