CLICK your fingers. Click them again. Watch. The sound – the click – isn’t produced by two fingers rubbing each other, but by your middle finger hitting your palm, making contact. Now try to make a click without hitting your palm. What do you hear? An annoying, quiet, ineffectual scratching. CLICK CLICK—two tweets blow out neoliberalism’s candle. “It is the end of an era, the era of neoliberalism. We don’t yet know what will succeed it,” wrote Gérard Araud, French ambassador to the U.S., after Trump’s win. “Their world is collapsing. Ours is being built,” wrote Florian Philippot of Front ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Twenty Years after Castoriadis, one Hundred Years after the October Revolution
- The Rent is too Damn High! – the development of the first Romanian tenants’ association
- Bulgaria’s growing problem with violence among children: a piece is missing or the puzzle is wrong?
- Dissidents among Dissidents: Interview with Ilya Budraitskis about his recent book
- Politics of the Left beyond Resistance: Reflections and Visions from our 2017 encounter in Skopje
This article was first published in the Brooklyn Rail IN CONVERSATION MAPLE RAZSA with Duncan Ranslem Maple Razsa is Professor of Global Studies at Colby College. He has studied and participated in alter-globalization movements across Europe, paying particular attention to how video is produced, distributed, and consum ..