CLICK your fingers. Click them again. Watch. The sound – the click – isn’t produced by two fingers rubbing each other, but by your middle finger hitting your palm, making contact. Now try to make a click without hitting your palm. What do you hear? An annoying, quiet, ineffectual scratching. CLICK CLICK—two tweets blow out neoliberalism’s candle. “It is the end of an era, the era of neoliberalism. We don’t yet know what will succeed it,” wrote Gérard Araud, French ambassador to the U.S., after Trump’s win. “Their world is collapsing. Ours is being built,” wrote Florian Philippot of Front ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Electoral Advance For The Radical Left in Croatia
- Bulgaria’s New Cabinet and EPP’s Flirt with the Extreme Right
- Ukraine’s Civil War Crimes: Facebook Post As Bad As Kidnapping, Torture, and Murder
- Socially Destructive Amendments to the Hungarian Labour Code Need to be Opposed
- Interview with Mariya Ivancheva
This text was initially published by The Financial Times. The European Central Bank improperly veered into political activity during the eurozone crisis and should withdraw from the “troika” of international bailout monitors, according to anti-corruption watchdog Transparency International. In a review of the centr ..