CLICK your fingers. Click them again. Watch. The sound – the click – isn’t produced by two fingers rubbing each other, but by your middle finger hitting your palm, making contact. Now try to make a click without hitting your palm. What do you hear? An annoying, quiet, ineffectual scratching. CLICK CLICK—two tweets blow out neoliberalism’s candle. “It is the end of an era, the era of neoliberalism. We don’t yet know what will succeed it,” wrote Gérard Araud, French ambassador to the U.S., after Trump’s win. “Their world is collapsing. Ours is being built,” wrote Florian Philippot of Front ..
- Healthcare tailored to the interests of capital
- Andreas Karitzis: The Left in power. What can we learn from the case of SYRIZA? (Part II)
- Andreas Karitzis: The Left in power. What can we learn from the case of SYRIZA? (Part I)
- Leo Panitch: “What does it mean to smash the state? This is our great challenge.”
- Turkey’s fragile Bonapartism
Ilya Matveev// Nov. 21, 2016// OpenDemocracy-Russia The arrest of a federal minister shows that, in Russia, the government and the country’s largest state company are increasingly turning to force. Russia’s Minister of Economic Development Alexey Ulyukaev arrives at Moscow’s Basmanny Court. (c) Maksim Bli ..