Cultural worker, researcher and activist Nebojša Milikić (Belgrade) sat down with Romanian political scientist and International Relations scholar Ovidiu Gherasim-Proca to discuss the ideological confusion and deflected promise of anti-corruption politics in an era of faltering neoliberalism. Against President Klaus Iohannis’s contention that Social Democratic Party corruption was “the elephant in the room,” Milikić and Gherasim-Proca assess the prospects for popular welfare at a time when elite liberal interests can most easily mobilize masses against politicians’ criminal behavior ..
- Polish Law on Historical Memory Widens Divisions at Home and Abroad
- Francesca Coin: I read “power to the people” as power to the class suffering the effects of economic violence
- The Wounds of Afrin, the Promise of Rojava: an Interview with Nazan Üstündağ
- The Left in Greece & Macedonia: We can write new pages of common struggle!
- Panagiotis Sotiris: We can write new pages of common struggle!
Panagiotis Sotiris is a writer and activist living in Athens. He is a member of Left Recomposition (Aristeri Anasynthesi, ARAN), an organization of the Greek Radical Left and also of Popular Unity, which is a left-wing front in Greece. LeftEast: It is interesting to think if, to what extent and how the left in each c ..