Cultural worker, researcher and activist Nebojša Milikić (Belgrade) sat down with Romanian political scientist and International Relations scholar Ovidiu Gherasim-Proca to discuss the ideological confusion and deflected promise of anti-corruption politics in an era of faltering neoliberalism. Against President Klaus Iohannis’s contention that Social Democratic Party corruption was “the elephant in the room,” Milikić and Gherasim-Proca assess the prospects for popular welfare at a time when elite liberal interests can most easily mobilize masses against politicians’ criminal behavior ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Contradictions in Russian Cultural Politics: Conservatism as an Instrument of Neoliberalism
- ASEEES AFTER CHARLOTTESVILLE: AN OPEN LETTER
- Why the Left in Central and Eastern Europe Must Support Refugees
- The open violence of the Balkan labour reforms: an interview with Aleksandar Matković
- Moving Europe release activist brochure, Resistance along the Balkanroute
The following is an open letter by two professional organizations of progressive scholars of Eastern European Studies and related fields, protesting the rise of white supremacy in trans-national context connecting the United States, Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, and demanding that ASEEES (the Association ..