Cultural worker, researcher and activist Nebojša Milikić (Belgrade) sat down with Romanian political scientist and International Relations scholar Ovidiu Gherasim-Proca to discuss the ideological confusion and deflected promise of anti-corruption politics in an era of faltering neoliberalism. Against President Klaus Iohannis’s contention that Social Democratic Party corruption was “the elephant in the room,” Milikić and Gherasim-Proca assess the prospects for popular welfare at a time when elite liberal interests can most easily mobilize masses against politicians’ criminal behavior ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- “Flipping a Coin: Heads—No One Is Illegal; Tails—Everyone Must Be,” Pt. 2
- Race to the Bottom: The Battle over Minimum Wage in Bulgaria
- “Flipping a Coin: Heads—No One Is Illegal; Tails—Everyone Must Be,” Pt. 1
- The reproduction crisis and the birth of a new “out of law” proletariat (an interview with Silvia Federici)
- The Romanian “Family Referendum” and the New Social Conservatism: Uncivil Society and Feeble Party Systems
Even if Corbyn does not become British PM tomorrow, his performance will certainly be a major boost to an international Left, which finds itself completely demoralized in a world descending into barbarism. I don´t harbour any illusions on what Corbyn can achieve as PM or even within a Labour Party apparatus largely ho ..