Note by the LeftEast editors: this text has been published in co-operation with the Serbo-Croat language web portal Bilten.Org. Early in the morning of December 9th, Greek police closed the make-shift camp by the border town of Eidomeni. The eviction from the camp marked a further deterioration in the lives of thousands seeking refuge at the Greek-Macedonian border who in squalid and freezing conditions had been blocked from crossing into Macedonia for over two weeks and had in turn, as act of protest, blocked off the crossing. Their single demand was entry into Macedonia from Greece and transit onto destinations ..
- “Why I don’t recognize North Macedonia as my home country”
- Statement by LevFem Regarding the Latest Demolition of Roma Houses in Bulgaria: please circulate widely
- [PODCAST] Taking Care of Solidarity: Domestic Workers Fighting for Their Rights in Spain
- What is Rotten with Serbia’s Mass Protests?
- Protesting the “slave law” in Hungary: The erosion of illiberal hegemony?
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Statement by LevFem Regarding the Latest Demolition of Roma Houses in Bulgaria: please circulate widely
Anti-Roma racism, ethnophobia, and prejudice have reached intolerable proportions in Bulgarian government, the Bulgarian public sphere, and Bulgarian society at large. LevFem stands in solidarity with our Roma sisters and brothers who are subjected to incessant daily racist abuse, harassment, violence, and dehumanizati ..