This text was originally published in Russian in the web-journal ReLevant: a Journal of Current Analysis. We are much obliged to Maria Brock for its English translation. Anyone who has crossed paths with Soviet immigrants in the West will have noticed the strange phenomenon of post-Soviet racism, which is all the stranger because the overwhelming majority of emigrants from the Soviet Union are “individuals of Jewish origin,” that is, people who not only faced quotidian and structural racism, but who also ended up fleeing from it. Dr N was pensively stirring his cappuccino, which had long gone cold. We were ..
- The Nurses in Bulgaria are Rising Up!
- Notes from Hell: Inside a Bulgarian Prison
- Economic and Political Democracy for the City: an Interview with Ana Méndez de Andés
- Call for Support: the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Danger
- The Long and Winding Road to Socialism: a conversation with Srećko Horvat
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Letter to citizens of the EU from the “periphery”: Politics of the closed borders are bringing us closer to fascist rules
Note from LeftEast editors: This article has been reprinted from the Medium account of Are You Syrious. We, the human rights defenders and citizens from the countries relegated to the “periphery” of the European Union (EU) and the Schengen space, want to express our deepest concern for the current situation in whic ..