Note from the LeftEast editors: this article was originally published in Serbian at Mašina. Rs . It was translated into English for LeftEast by Vladimir Unkovski-Korica. The commemoration of the October 5th Revolution on its fifteenth anniversary has been reduced to a marginal event. One public meeting, several round tables and an equally small number of statements and wreaths, were enough to generate a couple of boring media reports about the importance of this date. Few mourn before the faded image of October 5th, least of all the once divided political elites who today all serve the same economic elites, and ..
- After Years of Neoliberalism, Georgian Workers Have Forgotten What It Means to Win
- “Eastern Europe’s extraordinary 30-year revival.” A Bulgarian immigrant’s anecdotal response
- Fascists lead huge demo on Poland’s Independence Day
- ‘The fall of the last domino’: an overview of Levica’s departure from the government in Slovenia
- Change or Stability, Apathy or Disgust: Bulgarian voters lose out yet again
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
U.S. troops have begun withdrawing from northeast Syria as Turkey prepares to invade Kurdish-controlled areas of the country. For years, the Kurds have been close allies to the United States in the fight against ISIS. On Sunday, however, the White House released a statement that surprised many in the region, announcing ..