On the occasion of the publication of the report Transnational Corporations and Land speculation in Brazil by Rede Social de Justiça e Direitos Humanos (Network for Social Justice and Human Rights), Mary Taylor of LeftEast spoke with Fábio Pitta, Devlin Kuyek and Attila Szőcs about the broader implications of their findings. Mary: First, can you to speak a bit about the report. What are the the conditions of financialization of agricultural land and its consequences in Brazil? Fábio: Financialization of agricultural land is not new in Brazil. It is related to the financialization of capitalism, since the 19 ..
- The G20 and the Counter-Protests in Argentina
- The dockworkers struggle at the Port of Setúbal: Portugal is the “wild west” when it comes to labour relations
- What is fueling the fuel price protests in Bulgaria?
- Men in the Bulgarian Parliament stand behind violence against women
- Lea Vajsova: There are now ruptures through which a feminist movement will start unfolding in Bulgaria