On the occasion of the publication of the report Transnational Corporations and Land speculation in Brazil by Rede Social de Justiça e Direitos Humanos (Network for Social Justice and Human Rights), Mary Taylor of LeftEast spoke with Fábio Pitta, Devlin Kuyek and Attila Szőcs about the broader implications of their findings. Mary: First, can you to speak a bit about the report. What are the the conditions of financialization of agricultural land and its consequences in Brazil? Fábio: Financialization of agricultural land is not new in Brazil. It is related to the financialization of capitalism, since the 19 ..
- Macedonia, without Additions: why we must oppose the Tsipras-Zaev agreement
- Common Notions: in the Name of the People (A Book Launch & Discussion)
- The Age of Eclecticism: Some Rearrangements in the Romanian Political Ideologies
- We need to recover democracy and to radicalize it
- Romania: The Demise of Reason
The article was originally published in the portal of the Bulgarian left, New Left Perspectives. KOI’s 2018 report “The people” against welfare payments: or the art of making those in need ask for more restrictions against themselves authored by Vanya Grigorova is a follow-up of an earlier, 2016 report entitled ..