In this article originally written for OpenDemocracy-Russia, you will learn of the warning strikes taking place this summer at Estonian universities. Recent academic strikes in Tartu and Tallinn show that staff in Estonian universities have the determination to fight for a long overdue increase in funding. Thestrikesat Estonia’s two centres of higher education and research were a direct response to a state budget announcement in which the higher education sector was once again sidelined. This kind of display of collective unity is remarkable in the highly individualistic Estonian academy. Given that grassroots ..
- One Falls, We all Fall! Manifesto of international feminist solidarity
- Interview: The fight against the Ilovica-Stuka mine project in Macedonia
- Russian Socialists and the Struggle for Democracy
- Why Moscow is ready to fight for independent politicians
- What happened at the first Bulgarian Pride outside of Sofia? Young European Socialists Summer Camp 2019
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..