In this article originally written for OpenDemocracy-Russia, you will learn of the warning strikes taking place this summer at Estonian universities. Recent academic strikes in Tartu and Tallinn show that staff in Estonian universities have the determination to fight for a long overdue increase in funding. Thestrikesat Estonia’s two centres of higher education and research were a direct response to a state budget announcement in which the higher education sector was once again sidelined. This kind of display of collective unity is remarkable in the highly individualistic Estonian academy. Given that grassroots ..
- After Years of Neoliberalism, Georgian Workers Have Forgotten What It Means to Win
- “Eastern Europe’s extraordinary 30-year revival.” A Bulgarian immigrant’s anecdotal response
- Fascists lead huge demo on Poland’s Independence Day
- ‘The fall of the last domino’: an overview of Levica’s departure from the government in Slovenia
- Change or Stability, Apathy or Disgust: Bulgarian voters lose out yet again
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
U.S. troops have begun withdrawing from northeast Syria as Turkey prepares to invade Kurdish-controlled areas of the country. For years, the Kurds have been close allies to the United States in the fight against ISIS. On Sunday, however, the White House released a statement that surprised many in the region, announcing ..