Even if Corbyn does not become British PM tomorrow, his performance will certainly be a major boost to an international Left, which finds itself completely demoralized in a world descending into barbarism. I don´t harbour any illusions on what Corbyn can achieve as PM or even within a Labour Party apparatus largely hostile to his agenda. But the one thing that I am grateful for, is the fact that an outsider, a long-standing campaigner on numerous social isssues, and a man of principles with no previous record of political vanity can – despite having all odds against him – reach out to millions. If th ..
- #25N : Essential Struggles Against Patriarchal Violence
- Part 2: The Power of ‘Weak Actors’ and Decolonizing Socialist Architectural Histories after 1989
- (Post)pandemic struggles in social reproduction: intersectional alliances between housing and essential workers’ struggles in Romania
- INTERVIEW: Tamás Krausz: “Reconstructing Lenin” beyond the lies and distortions
- The Helpers of the Afghan Park
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The Sutjeska and Bijeljina monuments appear to stand for two profoundly divergent worlds, one symbolizing the cosmopolitan and antifascist past of socialist Yugoslavia, the other embodying the hyper-nationalist and segregationist present of post-Yugoslav states. Yet both monuments were made by the same sculptor. A ..