Note from LeftEast Editors: We are publishing an interview with Kostis Megalios from ARAN – Aristeri Anasynthesi (Left Recomposition) and Popular Unity conducted by activists from the Social Center Dunja, the party “Levica” and LeftEast, conducted in September, 2017 during the 2018 LeftEast autumn encounter. We are publishing this interview a day before a mass nationalist rally is scheduled to take place in Athens in reaction to negotiations between the Greek and the Macedonian government on the issue of the “name” of the Republic of Macedonia. The last such rally, on the 21.01.2018 in Thessaloniki ..
- Land-grabbing and the Financialization of Agricultural Land
- Introducing the Five Senses of Austerity
- Denial of the Obvious: the Far Right in the Maidan Protests and Their Danger Today
- The Solidarity of the Business Class, or Building Anti-Environmentalist Alliances in Bulgaria
- A Brief History of the Turkish Left, Part 2: from the 1980 Coup to the Present
Panagiotis Sotiris is a writer and activist living in Athens. He is a member of Left Recomposition (Aristeri Anasynthesi, ARAN), an organization of the Greek Radical Left and also of Popular Unity, which is a left-wing front in Greece. LeftEast: It is interesting to think if, to what extent and how the left in each c ..