Editorial Statement: As protesters prepare for another manifestation on Sunday, June 9, LeftEast publishes this piece on the current events in Haiti by the Anakawona Collective in cooperation with Commune. “To change things, we need to be outraged./ If we are outraged, we will organize./ If we are organized, we will become stronger./ If we are stronger, we will rise.” —Endiye, Fè l an Kreyòl, Guerchang Bastia On February 7, 2019, thousands of Haitians took to the streets of Port-au-Prince and other major cities such as Cap-Haitien, Gonaives, and Jacmel to demand the prosecution of governmental offic ..
- Don’t Mistake the Finger for the Moon: Bernie Sanders and the Movement
- Irish voters reject the Right: a new opportunity for the Left?
- Call for solidarity: Russian antifascists sentenced to 6- 18 years prison
- Sinn Féin and the land issue: notes on the 2020 Irish general election
- [Podcast] Neda Deneva: Being taken care of. The case of medicalizing birth-giving.
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
LeftEast is publishing this commemorate piece in collaboration with OpenDemocracy-Russia, who have been keeping Markelov’s memory alive in the English public sphere by translating his articles and getting others to write about him. Eleven years ago, this anti-fascist lawyer was murdered on the streets of Moscow. ..