This is Éva Gönczi’s translation of an article that first appeared in Hungarian in the journal Népszava on April 21, 2019. Here György Heimer interviews well-known sociologist József Böröcz on the luster and pitfalls of the European Union, at a time when that institution has become the object of great polarization in Hungary and across the continent. „We support the United States of Europe”—this is the message of the left liberal opposition. At the same time a government spokesman claims that the EU presents a security hazard for Hungary. What is your view? I am not a politician, it would be a ..
- Socialist Yugoslavia and the Antinomies of the Non-Aligned Movement
- [Podcast] Workers’ Solidarity and Changing Ideology in Belarus
- The Only Way is Back: Romanian Social-Democrats after Liviu Dragnea
- Austerity Economics Russian Style: “The state never asked you to be born”
- Chase those crazy baldheads out of town: Resisting the rise of authoritarianism in occupied Haiti
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..