Nations in their barbarous condition are impenetrable; they must be broken into… Vico, The New Science, Book I, Axiom CII, proposition 303 (trans. Thomas Goddard Bergin and Max Harold Fisch) On February 6, Europe witnessed what might be the boldest attempt to date to mobilize the continent’s masses against immigration and Islam. An international movement is emerging, uniting Europeans across borders—to call for the strengthening of the continent’s outer borders. The movement is overcoming old national hatred—but it is driven by a hatred that is international. It has even begun to articulate a critique o ..
- Socialist Yugoslavia and the Antinomies of the Non-Aligned Movement
- [Podcast] Workers’ Solidarity and Changing Ideology in Belarus
- The Only Way is Back: Romanian Social-Democrats after Liviu Dragnea
- Austerity Economics Russian Style: “The state never asked you to be born”
- Chase those crazy baldheads out of town: Resisting the rise of authoritarianism in occupied Haiti
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..