Note from the LeftEast editors: The following is an analysis by long-time Toronto-based anti-poverty organizer John Clarke, about the implications of a Corbyn victory as leader of the British Labour Party for the fight against austerity in both the UK and in Canada (where a social-democratic party with a new ‘third way’ leadership is slated to win in the upcoming federal election this October). It would be hard to credibly deny that the election of Jeremy Corbyn to the leadership of the British Labour Party has significant implications at a time when so many people (and not just in the UK) are looking for a ..
- One Falls, We all Fall! Manifesto of international feminist solidarity
- Interview: The fight against the Ilovica-Stuka mine project in Macedonia
- Russian Socialists and the Struggle for Democracy
- Why Moscow is ready to fight for independent politicians
- What happened at the first Bulgarian Pride outside of Sofia? Young European Socialists Summer Camp 2019
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..