Note from the LeftEast editors: this article first appeared in Serbian on the comradely web portal Masina and was kindly translated and adapted for LeftEast by its author. The biggest strike in the history of British higher education started last Thursday. Lectturers and researchers at around sixty British universities, including Oxford, Cambridge, Exeter and Imperial College London, will discontinue work for 14 days in the course of the next four weeks. Members of University and College Union (UCU), the largest higher education union in the world, representing some 11 000 employees, decided to take industrial a ..
- Macedonia, without Additions: why we must oppose the Tsipras-Zaev agreement
- Common Notions: in the Name of the People (A Book Launch & Discussion)
- The Age of Eclecticism: Some Rearrangements in the Romanian Political Ideologies
- We need to recover democracy and to radicalize it
- Romania: The Demise of Reason
The article was originally published in the portal of the Bulgarian left, New Left Perspectives. KOI’s 2018 report “The people” against welfare payments: or the art of making those in need ask for more restrictions against themselves authored by Vanya Grigorova is a follow-up of an earlier, 2016 report entitled ..