Note from LeftEast Editors: This piece draws on the work that the members of the Working Group for Public Sociology “Helyzet” have done on a special issue of Fordulat (#26) “Crisis and Hegemony in Hungary 2008-2018” (Válság és hegemónia Magyarországon 2008–2018), summarized in piece published by media platform Merce.hu and by Merce’s editor Szilárd Pap here. On this basis, editorial work on the current article has been carried out by Ágnes Gagyi and Tamás Gerőcs from “Helyzet” and Mary N. Taylor from LeftEast. Translation work on parts of the text was done by Anna Azarova. An English lang ..
- Bosnia: Refugees’ Supporters Demand Open Borders
- The Chilean Crisis: behind a thirty-peso fare hike, thirty years of bourgeois domination
- Johnson’s Withdrawal Agreement Fails Romanian and Bulgarian Migrant Workers
- Between The Bearable and The Unbearable: The Lebanese Revolution to Come
- The Bulgarian Far Right in 2019: an Overview
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
U.S. troops have begun withdrawing from northeast Syria as Turkey prepares to invade Kurdish-controlled areas of the country. For years, the Kurds have been close allies to the United States in the fight against ISIS. On Sunday, however, the White House released a statement that surprised many in the region, announcing ..