Their organizational autonomy under threat from the government of Viktor Orbán, Members of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences are circulating the following call for support (found in full here): It is with genuine concern for the future of academic freedom in Hungary that I write to you to appeal for your help. As a staff member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, it has been my misfortune over the course of the past roughly one year to watch as the current government has taken concrete steps to assert its control over scholarly institutions in Hungary, thereby endangering academic freedom and open intellectual ..
- Interview: The fight against the Ilovica-Stuka mine project in Macedonia
- Russian Socialists and the Struggle for Democracy
- Why Moscow is ready to fight for independent politicians
- What happened at the first Bulgarian Pride outside of Sofia? Young European Socialists Summer Camp 2019
- I, the caregiver – stories from “the grey zone”
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..