Bulgarian Left Feminists LevFem: “We are in the midst of a class assault. It is impossible to think of it outside of gender.” The following interview was conducted by Hannah Schultes with three of the members of LevFem – a newly formed anti-capitalist queer-feminist collective in Sofia, Bulgaria. LevFem participated actively in the mobilization of the protest that marked the International Day Against Violence Against Women in Sofia in 2018. The collective emerged a few weeks prior to the protest to place socio-economic inequalities as part of the feminist agenda in Bulgaria. It has also urgently cal ..
- Interview: The fight against the Ilovica-Stuka mine project in Macedonia
- Russian Socialists and the Struggle for Democracy
- Why Moscow is ready to fight for independent politicians
- What happened at the first Bulgarian Pride outside of Sofia? Young European Socialists Summer Camp 2019
- I, the caregiver – stories from “the grey zone”
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..