Following a wave of protests in Zharrez, Albania, Griselda Qosja spoke with activists affiliated with two of the leading leftist organizations in Albania, Organizata Politike and Thurje. From Aristotle to Hegel, the distinction between state and market has been the basis of understanding the role of civil society. In Albania, however, since the 1990s, unfortunately the role of civic activism has been often marginalized in public opinion, and perceived as an agent linked to the Open Society Foundation (OSF) or backed by foreign embassies. Probably, an atavism of the communist regime, where the fight against fo ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- The Contradictions of European Capitalism: An interview with Joachim Becker – Part II
- Radicalizing the Sanctuary Movement
- Of Fences, national securities and solidarity: An open letter to Momentum
- The Contradictions of European Capitalism: An interview with Joachim Becker – Part I
- “Flipping a Coin: Heads—No One Is Illegal; Tails—Everyone Must Be,” Pt. 3
Even if Corbyn does not become British PM tomorrow, his performance will certainly be a major boost to an international Left, which finds itself completely demoralized in a world descending into barbarism. I don´t harbour any illusions on what Corbyn can achieve as PM or even within a Labour Party apparatus largely ho ..