Following a wave of protests in Zharrez, Albania, Griselda Qosja spoke with activists affiliated with two of the leading leftist organizations in Albania, Organizata Politike and Thurje. From Aristotle to Hegel, the distinction between state and market has been the basis of understanding the role of civil society. In Albania, however, since the 1990s, unfortunately the role of civic activism has been often marginalized in public opinion, and perceived as an agent linked to the Open Society Foundation (OSF) or backed by foreign embassies. Probably, an atavism of the communist regime, where the fight against fo ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- The Protests of June 12: Beginning Russia’s Cold Summer of 2017
- Agrokor – oligarchic crisis in Croatia
- Anger from the underground: Bulgarian miners in wildcat strike
- Interview with Costas Lapavitsas: Strategies for the renaissance of the left in Europe
- “Britain for the many not the few” – some perspectives on the UK elections
I will be voting Labour in the morning. But the chances of a Corbyn government are slim to non-existent, because: 1. In recent history Labour have always had 40-50 seats in Scotland. They will have 2-3 this time. That’s the effect of 30 years of neoliberalism and Blairism, and the Scottish population responding by e ..