Has the government in Albania taken an official position regarding the situation in Venezuela? If yes, what is the position? Yes, the Albanian government has officially recognized Juan Guaidó as temporary president. The prime minister tweeted his support in the name of the Albanian people, wishing that the courageous Venezuelans successfully remove the illegitimate power that has made the country into a hell for its people. This position was to be expected. What does this reveal about the foreign policy and international standing of Albania? To understand this position, we have to start from the beginning. Alban ..
- Socialist Yugoslavia and the Antinomies of the Non-Aligned Movement
- [Podcast] Workers’ Solidarity and Changing Ideology in Belarus
- The Only Way is Back: Romanian Social-Democrats after Liviu Dragnea
- Austerity Economics Russian Style: “The state never asked you to be born”
- Chase those crazy baldheads out of town: Resisting the rise of authoritarianism in occupied Haiti
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..