LeftEast editors interview Griselda Qosja: Has the government in Albania taken an official position regarding the situation in Venezuela? If yes, what is the position? Yes, the Albanian government has officially recognized Juan Guaidó as temporary president. The prime minister tweeted his support in the name of the Albanian people, wishing that the courageous Venezuelans successfully remove the illegitimate power that has made the country into a hell for its people. This position was to be expected. What does this reveal about the foreign policy and international standing of Albania? To understand this position, ..
- Armenian leftists: We consciously choose peace
- How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Milo
- (Post)pandemic struggles in social reproduction: COVID-19 and housing justice in Serbia
- Why Globalise? 1989 in Eastern Europe and the Politics of History: Part III
- “No piece of land is worth it”: Moscow’s Armenians and Azerbaijanis on the Karabakh conflict
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The Sutjeska and Bijeljina monuments appear to stand for two profoundly divergent worlds, one symbolizing the cosmopolitan and antifascist past of socialist Yugoslavia, the other embodying the hyper-nationalist and segregationist present of post-Yugoslav states. Yet both monuments were made by the same sculptor. A ..