Note from the LeftEast editors: this text was first published on the website SocialistProject.Ca. It has been reprinted by LeftEast with the permission of the author. One cannot and should not turn away from the disastrous results of the recent European Parliament elections, especially considering that Leftist parties across the European Union (EU) expected to gain 38 Members of the European Parliament (MEP), achieving around 5% ofthe vote. The leadership and organizers of European Left needs to think thoroughly over its failure to mobilize and address working people. Even if failure is specific to the concrete c ..
- Questioning dominant accounts of Chinese investments in Eastern Europe and Eurasia
- Palghar protests: ‘We won’t back down today ‘
- (Post)pandemic Struggles in Social Reproduction: Women & Migrants Maintaining Life during Pandemic in Turkey
- [INTERVIEW] From Internationalism to Postcolonialism: Literature & Cinema between the Second and the Third World
- #25N : Essential Struggles Against Patriarchal Violence
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The Sutjeska and Bijeljina monuments appear to stand for two profoundly divergent worlds, one symbolizing the cosmopolitan and antifascist past of socialist Yugoslavia, the other embodying the hyper-nationalist and segregationist present of post-Yugoslav states. Yet both monuments were made by the same sculptor. A ..