Over at the Budapest Beacon, Lili Bayer has a very interesting interview with Gaspar Miklos Tamas that people should check out… As protests continue across Romania for the ninth day, the Hungarian leadership and media from across Hungary’s ideological spectrum are watching the country’s eastern neighbor closely. Demonstrations broke out in Romania last Tuesday, when the government in Bucharest issued a decree that would have protected corrupt politicians. The decree – which the government withdrew under pressure on Sunday – would have exempted abuse-of-power offences involving sums below $48,000 fro ..
- Change or Stability, Apathy or Disgust: Bulgarian voters lose out yet again
- Bosnia: Refugees’ Supporters Demand Open Borders
- The Chilean Crisis: behind a thirty-peso fare hike, thirty years of bourgeois domination
- Johnson’s Withdrawal Agreement Fails Romanian and Bulgarian Migrant Workers
- Between The Bearable and The Unbearable: The Lebanese Revolution to Come
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
U.S. troops have begun withdrawing from northeast Syria as Turkey prepares to invade Kurdish-controlled areas of the country. For years, the Kurds have been close allies to the United States in the fight against ISIS. On Sunday, however, the White House released a statement that surprised many in the region, announcing ..