Over at the Budapest Beacon, Lili Bayer has a very interesting interview with Gaspar Miklos Tamas that people should check out… As protests continue across Romania for the ninth day, the Hungarian leadership and media from across Hungary’s ideological spectrum are watching the country’s eastern neighbor closely. Demonstrations broke out in Romania last Tuesday, when the government in Bucharest issued a decree that would have protected corrupt politicians. The decree – which the government withdrew under pressure on Sunday – would have exempted abuse-of-power offences involving sums below $48,000 fro ..
- “Why I don’t recognize North Macedonia as my home country”
- Statement by LevFem Regarding the Latest Demolition of Roma Houses in Bulgaria: please circulate widely
- [PODCAST] Taking Care of Solidarity: Domestic Workers Fighting for Their Rights in Spain
- What is Rotten with Serbia’s Mass Protests?
- Protesting the “slave law” in Hungary: The erosion of illiberal hegemony?
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Statement by LevFem Regarding the Latest Demolition of Roma Houses in Bulgaria: please circulate widely
Anti-Roma racism, ethnophobia, and prejudice have reached intolerable proportions in Bulgarian government, the Bulgarian public sphere, and Bulgarian society at large. LevFem stands in solidarity with our Roma sisters and brothers who are subjected to incessant daily racist abuse, harassment, violence, and dehumanizati ..