Preface for LeftEast: On March 4th, Italy will vote for the general elections. In this interview, we reconstruct the political debate that is taking place in the country before that date. More specifically, we present an interview from the Italian on line journal Figure to Italian sociologist Francesca Coin from 7th of February 2018 that discusses Power to the People [in Italian, Potere al Popolo, PaP], a coalition of political groups including representatives from the “No Tav”, “No Tap”, “No Muos” and “No Triv” movement; “Clash City Workers”, Popular Fr ..
- The Romanian “Parallel State”: The Political Phantasies of Feeble Populism
- We Asked: Geopolitics and the Left (Part I: Russia & the West)
- Bulgarian Lessons: Liberalism as Market Power plus Expensive Electrification of the Whole Country
- Populism or people’s movements? Interview with Mary Taylor
- József Böröcz: “Orbán’s effects have already extended beyond the borders of Hungary”
Panagiotis Sotiris is a writer and activist living in Athens. He is a member of Left Recomposition (Aristeri Anasynthesi, ARAN), an organization of the Greek Radical Left and also of Popular Unity, which is a left-wing front in Greece. LeftEast: It is interesting to think if, to what extent and how the left in each c ..