One of the most important voices on the left, Fredric Jameson, in this interview provides us with some reflections on contemporary political theory, its directions and misconceptions, possible solutions for left-wing politics and its present limitations, the importance of the Occupy movement, Bernie Sanders, and possible conceptual and ideological solutions at a time when the new fascism is, according to him – not yet here. FB: What should be the focus of political philosophy today? Jameson: The tradition since 1968 has been to put an emphasis on power. In terms of power, there has been a shift from what we c ..
- The Nurses in Bulgaria are Rising Up!
- Notes from Hell: Inside a Bulgarian Prison
- Economic and Political Democracy for the City: an Interview with Ana Méndez de Andés
- Call for Support: the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Danger
- The Long and Winding Road to Socialism: a conversation with Srećko Horvat
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Letter to citizens of the EU from the “periphery”: Politics of the closed borders are bringing us closer to fascist rules
Note from LeftEast editors: This article has been reprinted from the Medium account of Are You Syrious. We, the human rights defenders and citizens from the countries relegated to the “periphery” of the European Union (EU) and the Schengen space, want to express our deepest concern for the current situation in whic ..