One of the most important voices on the left, Fredric Jameson, in this interview provides us with some reflections on contemporary political theory, its directions and misconceptions, possible solutions for left-wing politics and its present limitations, the importance of the Occupy movement, Bernie Sanders, and possible conceptual and ideological solutions at a time when the new fascism is, according to him – not yet here. FB: What should be the focus of political philosophy today? Jameson: The tradition since 1968 has been to put an emphasis on power. In terms of power, there has been a shift from what we c ..
- [Podcast] Don Kalb: Populism as a twofold political confusion
- Patching Up the Romanian Economic Miracle
- Call for Sоlidarity: Help Us Save “Baricada”, the Main Left-wing Website in Bulgaria
- [VIDEO]: Silvia Federici & George Caffentzis: “Women, Witches, Debt”, Aristotle University
- [PODCAST]: Academic Freedom under Threat in Turkey and the Trials of Academics for Peace
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..